Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sunrise at 36,000 Feet

One of the things that I like about flying in airplanes, is that somehow I feel a tiny little bit closer to the rest of the universe and beyond. I don’t often find myself flying at 6am, but continuing my recent early morning theme, I was on my way to College Station, TX this weekend to visit my parents, and I caught the red-eye out of Atlanta, so that I could spend more time actually visiting my folks.

On the way to Dallas you could see the sun just coming up in a myriad of colors out on the distant horizon. It was still very dark and cloudy out the window, a dark bluish gray, so that it seemed like we were sailing on an unending expanse of ocean, with the sun out in the distance.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the limitless reach of God, and this was a nice visual reminder.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Norm, hope it's going well. Reading your last post made me want to jump on a plane and get out of the rat race :-)

    Bill M.

    ReplyDelete